REQUIREMENTS FOR MARRIAGE UNDER THE FOREIGN MARRIAGE ACT, 1969
- Form of Notice of Intended Marriage (4 copies)
- Declaration (by prospective bride and bridegroom) (2 copies)
- Sworn Affidavit (by prospective bride and bridegroom) (1 copy to be filled by each)
- Four (4) identical recent passport size photographs of bridegroom and bride.
- At least one of the parties must have residence visa of Abu Dhabi/ Al Ain.
- The Indian national intending to get married should produce an affidavit of singleness attested through IVS.
- If one of the parties is other than Indian, No Objection Certificate /Affidavit (in respect of individual regarding his/her marital status and willingness to marry an Indian) from the concerned Embassy which should be duly authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UAE.
- Three witnesses (holding residence visa of UAE) with their original valid passports.
- All the five persons are required to appear before Marriage Officer for signatures with their original passport and a photocopy both at the time of submission of form and at the time of solemnization of the Marriage (photocopy required only at the time of submission of form)
- After submission of form, Newspaper advertisement is to be given by the individuals in local English Newspaper as well as English Newspaper in the place of permanent residence indicated in the Passport in India/concerned Country. Text of advertisement is as under:
Mr. ________ holder of ____________ Passport bearing No. ______________ issued at __________ on _________ and Ms. ______________ holder of ____________ Passport bearing No. _________ issued at _____________ on _____________ intend getting married at Abu Dhabi under the Indian Foreign Marriage Act. Objections, if any, may be conveyed to the Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi within 30 days on Telephone No. 00971 2 4492700 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
- All the particulars must be filled in as per the details mentioned in the passport.
- The procedure may take a minimum period of 45 days from date of publication of advertisement.
- For Annexure click here